Selfless Grandmother Suffering From Asthma Braved Danger to Warn Neighbours in Bukit Batok Fire

0 131
Spread the love

Yesterday (3rd Aug), a fire broke out at around 1130 am, inside a HDB unit located at block 370 Bukit Batok Street 31.

A grandmother who noticed the fire, decided to to ignore all danger to warn the occupants in the unit.

The grandmother, 77-year-old Mdm Tan was discharged from hospital just a week ago after undergoing treatment for her asthma and was having difficulties walking. But this did not deter her from warning her neighbour, as she made her way downstairs to the unit on fire limp by limp.

For risking her life to save her neighbours, she is now hailed as a heroine by many residents staying in the block.

When interviewed, Mdm Tan said she was no heroine, and that she was merely doing what a neighbour ought to do, to help others in need and in danger.

Editor's Note: Do you have a story to share? Please use our Submission Form or email us.
If not, why not give us a 'LIKE'
  Ping me on WhatsApp

Leave A Reply

Specify Facebook App ID and Secret in Super Socializer > Social Login section in admin panel for Facebook Login to work